Simplify, streamline and reduce the time you spend managing multiple social media accounts – and learn something about who’s following you
(Download this list: .pdf| Excel file)
- Hootsuite – manage multiple social media streams (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest & more) from one dashboard. Schedule posts in advance, target posts to user groups, more. Free version: 1 user, up to 3 profiles; Pro version ($9.99/mo) Up to 9 users, 100 profiles
- Tweetdeck - Real-time tracking, organsing & engagement data for one or more Twitter accounts. Schedule posts in advance, see how your followers engage, create custom Twitter timelines to embed in your Website. Free.
- Sprout Social – Monitory & manage multiple social networks (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ Pages). Free trial. Subscriptions from $39-$99/month
- Buffer - Simple app for scheduling posts among multiple social media accounts (Twitter, FB, LinkedIn, Google+). Free for up to 2 profiles, $10/month for up to 12
- Social Flow – Schedule your FB, Twitter, G+ and LinkedIn posts at the right time for your audience, based on their research and algorithms. Flexible plans begin at $99/month
- Everypost - iOS app lets you simultaneously post to all your major networks at one time from your iPhone. Tweets are automatically shortened to 140 characters. Free.
Analysis and metrics:
- Google Analytics – Robust tool for analyzing visitor traffic and preferences. Generates audience data including demographics, what they read, how they got there, what devices they use. Creates reports. Free.
- Crowdbooster - Sophisticated visitor analytics and topical analyses. Ability to drill down through categories. Track audience growth and engagement. Schedule Tweets & posts. $9/month for 1 user, 1 Twitter account and 1 FB page, monitors up to 50,00 fans/followers. More complex plans start at $49/month.
- Visual.ly – Custom infographics from your Google Analytics data allow you to visualize how your followers use your social media. Similar visual analysis available for Website analytics. Some services are free
- Social Mention – Specialized search tool allows instant tracking of all social media mentions of your organization, people, topics of interest. Free.
- Ow.ly -Twitter-based link-shrinker with tracking & analytics to help gauge the reach of your link shares. Free.
- Bit.ly – Link shrinker now offers real-time analytics on the use of your custom URLs, click tracking and other data.
Other resource lists
Compiled by Pat Kight, Oregon Sea Grant, for Sea Grant Week 2014 Social Media panel