The OMA represented all of the OSU Libraries at the event “Noche de Alma Latinoamericana Concert.” The event was hosted by Corvallis-OSU Piano International and other community partners. It was an all-Spanish language music and cultural event for the entire family. The evening offered a piano concert by William Villaverde and Fabiana Claure, youth music performances, folklore dancing, and art activities for everyone!
- 2:00 – 5:00pm: Community Resources & Activities Fair! (Gallery)
- 2:00 – 2:30 pm: Dancing Workshop. Open to all ages! (Gallery)
- 2:30 – 3:15 pm: Local talented young musicians concert (Stage)
- 3:15 – 3:45 pm: Dancers 4H and Alma Latina (Stage)
- 4:00 – 5:00 pm: Concert Piano Duo William Villaverde and Fabiana Claure (Stage)
- 5:00 – 5:30 pm: Pan dulce y champurrado (Mexican sweet bread and traditional mexican hot chocolate-like drink) (Gallery)
About the Pianist and Concert: Husband and wife Latin American pianists William Villaverde and Fabiana Claure will be presenting a musical program entitled “A Piano Journey Through Latin America”. Works include Bolivian Cuecas, Brazilian tangos, Cuban classical and jazz-inspired music, an original Latin-jazz composition, and the Bay Area debut of a 4-hands piano arrangement of Piazzolla’s Tango Suite. Having been together for 20 years as a couple and on stage, this dynamic duo will engage audiences through piano music and story-telling, taking them through an exciting journey of diverse cultural influences, historical context, and musical reflection.
The OSU Libraries Table:
The event attendees were predominantly community members so we shared information about our resources being open for use by the general public and how to get an OSULP Library Card. We had a spinner wheel with questions about the library for us to answer, candy, and free library goodies. Over 65 people, including lots of families, stopped by our table to learn all about what OSUL has to offer!
This event occurred due to the support of various organizations including: