Feed on
Posts

In life there are things we can control and things that we can’t. Sometimes learning to accept what we cannot control is the moral that we need to learn. Other times, such as for me right now, it is learning to deal with what we can control. Self control many times is a rough road to stay on.

Often I get really frustrated with myself when I allow that which I do have control over to run awry. Simple things really: doing poorly on a test when I could have studied but procrastinated; getting a ticket because I didn’t keep an eye on my speed; or even getting out of shape by not finding time to exercise.

Many times these things happen because I’m lazy or don’t have the motivation to do it when it needs to get done. Sometimes it is because I don’t have time in the day but even that is usually because I put things off.

Its frustrating when you know you are perfectly capable of achieving far more that you currently are. I don’t expect everything to go my way when I do everything right. I just expect more than when I’m being habitually lazy.

I need to get better at productivity. Productivity isn’t necessarily about being able to cram more into your day. It is about doing what you already do except more efficiently and with better quality.

This takes self control. Self control is HARD! Freaking HARD! Probably the hardest thing you can learn to make your life simpler and easier. It doesn’t change what you have to deal with but it does change how you deal with it and the possible consequences that come from that.

Hard is good. How do I keep that in mind? I watch Brad Stine. (I’ll add a video of his later). Hard builds character. Hard refines us into better people. Great achievements are always hard.