As Josie and I try keeping up with all of your emails (thank you once again for your patience), we just wanted to remind you that we have Same-Day phone appointments reserved for you the next two Fridays . These appointments are 20 minutes in length and are meant for urgent course scheduling issues related to Fall term only (please make a regular 30 minute phone appointment for longer range planning).
These appointments CAN ONLY be scheduled on that day. To schedule a Same-Day Phone Appointment, students can begin calling the PHHS Advising Office at 541-737-8900 at 8:00am PST. Call as early as possible to make sure you reserve a spot but feel free to call throughout the day to inquire about availability.
Upcoming Same Day Dates
- Friday May 24th between 10:30am-12pm & 1pm-2:30pm PST
- Friday May 31st (times are to be determined).
Aaron & Josie
Dear Ecampus HDFS students;
As we head into Priority Registration we will offer “Same Day Phone Appointments” beginning this Friday, May 17.
What are “Same Day Phone Appointments”?
- Same-Day appointments are 20 minutes in length and are meant for urgent course scheduling issues related to the current term and/or future planning for the upcoming term only.
- These appointments CAN ONLY be scheduled on that day. To schedule a Same-Day Phone Appointment, students can begin calling the PHHS Advising Office at 541-737-8900 at 8:00am PST. Call as early as possible to make sure you reserve a spot but feel free to call throughout the day to inquire about availability.
What are the dates of upcoming “Same Day Phone Appointments”?
- Friday May 17th between 10:30am-12pm PST and 2pm-4pm PST (This Friday!)
- Friday May 24th (times TBA)
- Friday May 31st (times TBA)
Hello, Ecampus HDFS students!
1. S/U Deadline this week! Please send request via email by Wednesday, May 15th 5pm
Students may elect to change a course that is graded under a normal grading basis (A-F) to a satisfactory/unsatisfactory grading basis (S/U). A grade of S or U has no grade point equivalent and is not used in the GPA calculation. You can only S/U courses outside of your major or minor! Request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com from your ONID account by Wednesday, May 15th.
S/U’ing can be a great strategy to protect your GPA. You can S/U any non-major or non-minor course. The actual university deadline is FRIDAY, May 17, but for Ecampus students we need your request by Wednesday, MAY 15th. If you would like to S/U a course simply email an Ecampus HDFS Advisor with the following information NO LATER THAN WED. MAY 15th and we will get the form to the Registrar’s for you:
2. The deadline to Withdraw from classes is also Friday, May 17. Please visit http://oregonstate.edu/registrar/dropping-courses for information on how to withdraw (done through your online services).
Aaron & Josie
Wow! Spring Term is Moving Really Fast! Now is a great time to get help with preparing for mid-terms, learning test prep and test taking strategies, and more! Contact the Academic Success Center (ASC) soon to find out what resources are available to help you have a successful and fruitful Spring term!
To set up an appointment:
1) Email a coach at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your phone number for a call back (let them know you’re an Ecampus student and indicate your time zone).
2) Distance students can call 541-737-2272 to set up Skype or phone appointment
Believe it or not, Fall registration is right around the corner and you will need a registration PIN. Priority registration begins May 20th (your date will likely be shortly after this date; check student online services for specific date). Please make sure to review your My Degrees Audit System to find remaining degree requirements (See http://oregonstate.edu/registrar/mydegrees/ for more info).
Please choose one of these options to receive your PIN on time:
1) Set up a phone appointment by calling 541-737-8900 to talk about course scheduling for next year and to receive your PIN. Make sure to identify yourself as an Ecampus student looking to set up a phone appointment with an Ecampus HDFS Advisor.
2) Prepare a proposed plan for Fall 2013 – Spring 2014 and send to us via email. We will review, make suggestions and save your PIN in your My Degrees Audit System (considering the volume of students that we serve at this time in the year, if you would like to discuss topics outside of course scheduling please make a phone appointment).
Our schedules can fill up very quickly (up to 2-3 weeks out), so I would encourage you to contact me or make an appointment AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to ensure that you are able to receive your PIN in time for registration.
Hope you are having a great term and let us know if you have any questions!
The academic success center offers free coaching over the phone. The Writing Center also allows electronic submissions through their website.
Visit the Ecampus website for additional tools for your success: http://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/services/student-services/
Happy Spring Term, Ecampus students! While we know you’re just getting started with the new term, we want to remind you that registration for your Summer Session 2013 online courses begins Sunday, April 14. You’ll register for Summer Session courses through student online services, however you won’t need a PIN. Please note that beginning Tuesday, April 30 registration for Summer Session online HDFS courses is also opened up to on-campus students, so don’t wait too long to register for your summer online courses.
For more information about Summer Session please go to http://summer.oregonstate.edu/calendar/ . Let us know if you have any questions!
Hello there! My name is Josie Miranda and I’m the newest Academic Advisor for our HDFS Ecampus students. I’m originally from Northern California and moved to Oregon almost 6 years ago. Prior to joining OSU I served as an Academic Advisor at the University of Phoenix, and before that I worked for several years as a Program Coordinator at the University of California, Davis. While working as an Academic Advisor at UoPX I earned two graduate degrees online (an MS in Psychology and an MAEd in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in English as a Second Language) and my undergraduate degree is from UC Davis (BA in Women’s Studies with 2 minors: one in English, and one in Native American Studies). I thoroughly enjoy working with distance learners and look forward to providing guidance, support and encouragement to each of you as you move through your degree program and towards graduation!
We just wanted to let you know that the application for the 2013 Ecampus Travel Award is now available. Every year Ecampus reimburses award winners to help with a portion of travel expenses to attend the Commencement Ceremony.
We would really encourage any of you graduates who plan on traveling to the Commencement ceremony in June to apply! Graduates attend the Ecampus graduation reception, walk in the procession to receive their OSU diplomas and celebrate their achievements with other Ecampus students. We look forward to meeting you all at the reception! CONGRATS GRADS!
REMEMBER! Seniors who plan on completing all degree requirements during Spring 2013, Summer 2013, or Fall 2013 are eligible to participate in commencement.
Hi everyone! I just wanted to remind you that registration is quickly approaching. Students with the most amount of credits begin registering for Spring classes on February 24th. Here are a few important things to keep in mind:
- 1) Register on time! To find your registration date/time, login to Student Online Services. Click on the Registration link, then on Registration Status.
You are assigned a specific day and time to register for both Phase 1 and Phase 2 based on the number of credits you have completed plus credits you have in-progress to complete. During Phase 1 you can register for up to 16 credits. During Phase 2 you can register for up to 19 credits. Definitely go by the Phase 1 date/time to secure as many classes as possible.
- 2) You do not need a new registration PIN for Spring term (unless you are a new student). We will change PINs next term.
- 3) Plan ahead! Due to the high volume of emails and phone appointments, we will not be doing long-range planning via email during the first 2 weeks of Priority Registration (Feb 24th – Mar 10th). You will need to make an appointment to discuss course selection. We can help with quick questions via email but plan ahead if you need assistance with choosing classes.
You are not required to meet with an Advisor in order to register but if you would like to set up an appointment call 541-737-8900. Make sure to let them know that you are an Ecampus student.
We hope these few tips help with your upcoming registration!