I have received quite a few questions regarding letters of recommendation, so I am here to answer them!
First off: What is a Letter of Recommendation?
It is a letter written by an alumna of a specific chapter that profiles a potential new member.
So if you know someone, either a friend or family member who was a part of a sorority that is on our campus, they can write a letter that can help with your recruitment process.
There are a few ways you have these submitted.
You can have them write a letter stating why they think you would make a good member to certain organizations (some also attach a picture) that can be sent to me at:
Panhellenic VP Recruitment
Center For Fraternity and Sorority Life
Corvallis, OR 97331
or you can have these women go onto their nationals website and follow the guidelines on there. Listed below are where you can find their national websites:
- Alpha Chi Omega: https://www.alphachiomega.org/resource-center/recommend-a-member/recruitment-directory/#.U8Cs9txa9g0
- Alpha Gamma Delta: http://www.alphagammadelta.org/alphagams/alumnae/recommend
- Alpha Omicron Pi: http://www.alphaomicronpi.org/Alumnae/Membership%20Information%20Forms.html
- Alpha Phi: https://www.alphaphi.org/Member
- Chi Omega: http://www.chiomega.com/join/recommend
- Delta Delta Delta: http://www.tridelta.org/alumna/reference_formpublic
- Delta Gamma: http://www.deltagamma.org/content.aspx?audience=&item=Quick_Links/Sponsor_A_Member.xml
- Kappa Alpha Theta: http://www.kappaalphatheta.org/collegians/resources/recommend_a_potential_new_member.cfm?from=CommonQuickLinkToc
- Kappa Delta: http://www.kappadelta.org/recommendationforms
- Kappa Kappa Gamma: https://www.kappakappagamma.org/Kappa/MembersDefault.aspx
- Sigma Kappa: http://www.sigmakappa.org/Recommend_a_Member.aspx
You do not need a letter of recommendation to have a successful recruitment but it can help your chances.
Please get your letters into either me or the chapters before the first day of recruitment!
I hope this helps when finding letters of rec!