The annual spring industry tour hosted by the Agricultural Executive Council will be April 27-29. Students will travel to Eastern Oregon to see a variety of agricultural commodities including wineries, nurseries, and Angus Ranches. Up to 35 students within the College of Agricultural Sciences and Forestry will be able to attend for $20, this will cover lodging, meals, travels, and tours. An application along with $20 cash, or check, will need to be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 23, in Strand Agricultural Hall room 137. This will be a very enjoyable and educational experience and everyone is encouraged to apply.
Industry Tour 2012 Destinations:
- Terminal 5, Columbia Grain – Portland, Oregon
- Bonneville Dam Fish Hatchery – Cascade Locks, Oregon
- Full Sail Brewery – Hood River, Oregon
- Beef Northwest – North Powder, Oregon
- Thomas Angus Ranch – Baker City, Oregon
- Oregon Trail Interpretive Center – Baker City, Oregon
- Hamley’s Western Store – Pendleton, Oregon
- Pendleton Woolen Mills – Pendleton, Oregon
- Columbia Basin Experiment Station – Pendleton, Oregon
- Winery – TBA
- Greenhouse and Nursery – TBA
For more information please contact an Agriculture Executive Council officer or follow the link below. Applications are available on the website.