To follow in Sid’s footsteps, I’ll start by saying the problems continue to shrink and as of this afternoon things are definitely looking up! However, there is still work and repair going on in and around the building. To keep things simple, I will list the areas that may affect you tomorrow.
1) The students pulled all the new water piping from the attic to the Ballroom. They will have them hooked up by tomorrow afternoon. This could affect Buenos Burritos hot water supply for no more than 10 minutes.
2) The loading dock will continue to have trucks coming and going tomorrow, so we are asking folks to stay clear. Also, we are asking OSU Catering to come into the building via Jefferson street entrance.
3) The dock wash down area will be off line for the remainder of the week. We have located the problem, but unfortunately it will take some time to get the drain ready for waste water. We are asking folks who need to wash their 5 gallon buckets, to use the dishwasher.
4) As of this afternoon there is no steam coming into the building, and no air being moved. However, we will have the decontamination and clean-up process finished tomorrow afternoon and we will be able to move air through the building. Hopefully with the outside temp’s being in the 50’s everyone will be able to remain comfortable until we get the steam back on.
5) The Women’s Ballroom bathroom has been fixed, now the clean-up begins. The bathroom will be up and operating by this time tomorrow.
6) The Servery/Kitchen is still off limits until a complete decontamination and thorough clean-up happens. The use of the ice machine remains the same. Users will need to enter through the double doors from Ballroom to access the machine.
We want to thank everyone for their patience and support these last few day and at the same time ask that you remain patient as we see the projects through to completion. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do hesitate to call the Help Desk at 7-9823, or drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.
James Baldwin (1924-1987) African-American writer.