Job Descriptions

Come to think of it, I easily remember everything about my last job. I saw the advertisement of the job with the post of an accountant in a local newspaper. I was definitely sure that I qualified for the job since I had a bachelor degree in Business Management and pursued the accounting option. It hit my mind that this was the golden chance and opportunity for me to grow my career. It took me less than thirty minutes for me to apply for the job, attach my certificates and testimonials and send them to the organization’s human resource manager over the provided email addresses.

After some days I received a call and yes I passed the test and from there onwards I underwent through some interviews of which I passed. The job description was sent through my email and after going through it I accepted the job. The job description which stated the job requirements and included the special qualification, requisite experiences, salary and benefits was so influential to my decisions of taking up the job. To be specific the salary and benefits offered for the job were so appealing to my eyes influencing my decision to apply for that job. The job description stated a need for three years’ working experience but my experience was only two years.

Similarity occurred in some job requirements, for instance I had the required certificates on accounting and other related courses. Secondly I also had a letter from my previous employer proofing that I had an experience of working as an accountant. The job description was closely related to my experience because the responsibilities and duties were so familiar and similar to the various task I performed in the organizations I got my experiences from. It was certain that most of the job requirements and qualifications were well stipulated in my applications. The difference comes in when the organization is not able to proof whether I have the various skills I claimed to have. Some skills can well be elaborated in the line of duty. The largest mistake various organizations do is assuming that the newly employed will exercise the skills they claim to have during the application.