Experiences with Discrimination

I must admit that I am utterly shocked by the news of lawsuits against Atlanta Hawks on the basis of discrimination based on ethnicity and gender.  I really feel disappointed by Hawks that being one my favorite company I didn’t think that such kind of discrimination would happen in such a world class institution. For sure, despite the previous high liking and support that I accorded Atlanta Hawk i am now totally indifferent about the company. I cannot whatsoever support an institution that perpetuates any form of discrimination targeting any gender or any ethnicity. For Hawks to perpetuate discrimination based on gender and ethnicity it is totally out of order and should be condemned with all the possible terms. I must also admit that I had been yearning to work with Hawk immediately I am done with my college study. In fact I already had a friend who works there and had encouraged me to apply for a job there once I have my college certificate. However, I must state that after this news of discrimination in Hawks I have forthwith reconsidered my intention to work with this company and I will now start looking for another suitable company. I am strong advocate of a free society in the belief that all people should be treated and given equal opportunities in all sectors of the society. Discrimination in the workplace does not only reduce workers’ productivity but to make it worse racial and gender based discrimination can actually have negative psychological impacts to the victim. It doesn’t matter whether discrimination targets the whites or the blacks but any form of discrimination is bad as it even goes against the spirit of our constitution. I also believe that discrimination affects the general economy of a nation as some people ends up becoming unproductive as a result of discrimination.