Job Application Experiences

Job application experiences vary from one individual to the other as well as from one company to the other. The last job application I made was an application as a human resource intern in an insurance company. Contrary, to most common application procedures where one is required to attend an interview this application required that if one had the relevant application requirements prepare a presentation on a topic provided to present in front of a selected panel which would then ask questions. I remember how I initially tensed as my turn to present approached, however once I opened my fist slide everything else flowed. It was interesting to see experienced people even in higher ranking sits keenly following my presentation. I remember when I bypassed one slide and the HR manager could not hesitate to let me know. As I made the presentation I could see different reaction from the panel through their different facial expression like nodding as well as asking questions at the end of the session an indication that they keenly followed my presentation.

Indeed, this was a very wonderful experience especially since it was my very first time to apply for a job. The most common recruitment process is where a job applicant is invited for an interview by a panel. Surprisingly, I found this form of recruitment appealing as it gave me an opportunity to showcase my communication skills and my knowledge as expressed in the presentation content. Indeed this experience was an insight on the core objective of the Human resource department. That is the ability to listen and understand situations as this is important in addressing concerns from different employees.  Besides, the fact that even very senior employees could sit and keenly follow my presentation despite me being very green in this field I found it interesting to work in such a company that is ready to listen and respect the opinions of all employees despite the rank held.