Today I’m going to show you how to print a Powerpoint template 4-up on an 8.5×11 page. I have a sample postcard that is a quarter size (5.5″x4.25″) front and back for mailing.
- Once your design is complete, go to File>Print
- Choose “Full Page Slides” under Print Layout, making sure “Scale to Fit Paper” and “High Quality” are checked.
- Next, you’re going to trick the program. We want to print 4 fronts on one side, and 4 backs on the other. So in the “Slides” box, type: 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2. This will print 4 of page 1, and 4 of page 2.
- Select Printer Properties. Your print dialog box might look different from what is shown, but hopefully it will have a lot of the same options.
- Under “Layout”, select “4 Pages per Sheet”. Leave the Page order as is, since it will be 4 of the same page.
- Then under “2 sided” select “Short Edge Bind (Open Top/Left)” since this is in the Landscape view. If “Landscape” isn’t selected, choose it now.
- Double-check that it is set to 4 Pages per Sheet, 2 Sided and say “Ok”. The view will still show a single page, but it will print 4-up on yours.
- If you need to print multiple pages, change the number next to “Copies” at the top (ex. if you need 100 postcards, type 25 copies)
NOTE: There will be a white margin around the edge. This is common since printers aren’t able to print all the way to the edge, so you can choose to trim off that extra white, or allow for the extra buffer.
Thank you, and good luck.