1. I’ve grown as both a writer and a blogger over the past few months. I’m more confident in my ability to sit down and crank out a post. I’ve realized I have way more ideas of topics to blog about than I expected. Now that I’m practiced in churning out content, I can continue to produce ideas, focusing on conveying greater meaning.
2. After this class, I intend to continue to blog. Whether or not I’ll export this blog to another WordPress site is to be decided, but this thing has caught some momentum within me and I’m finding that I can’t hold back my ideas! There’s still so much for me to learn, and potential for more growth – and I want to see that through.
3. I was surprised to learn how effective it was to study the bloggers whose content I regularly engage with. What was it about their content that compelled me to click “follow”? Simply connecting those dots helped me realize that my content didn’t have to be revolutionary – so I started simply by making it accessible.
4. My writing is pretty wordy. Sometimes my wordiness is inefficient. On this blog my style has been formal, casual with a hint of humor, flowery, or a combination of all three. In general, I try to get a little beneath the surface, so my tone is often serious here. I like to have fun with both my personal writing and assignments, though, and I think that comes through.
5. In the past, the idea of blogging stressed me out and caused anxiety. I’ve known I’ve wanted to blog for over a year now, and I’ve attempted various strategies to figure out how I wanted it to look – what I wanted to convey. I strove to perfect the idea of my image and brand before even writing a 350 word sample post. Of course, nothing ever got off the ground that way. That’s why I decided to take this class: in order to learn how to prepare for lift off – how to take off – and fly the plane. So for me, most of the initial work was getting over the stress and anxiety. I put thought and care into my posts, and to be frank, I accomplished more in this class than I thought was possible for me. This opportunity has been the catalyst I’ve been searching for, and I finally feel equipped to pursue blogging!