The Certification Program I Completed.

I completed two certifications- the content marketing certification and inbound certification. I choose these two cause I think content marketing is interesting for me and inbound marketing is the basic knowledge for digital marketing. 

I spent about 10 hrs watching lessons and passing the exams. Inbound marketing is shorter and easier than content marketing because some of the knowledge in the inbound marketing I’ve already learned from my digital marketing class. But content marketing lessons contain much knowledge that I did not know before. 

The best thing during I took the lessons is the interesting and emotional speakers, their speaking is effective and attractive, they are not just read the theory without examples, so I would not feel bored and sleepy. However, I think if the video content can be briefer is better because there are too many and too long videos I need to watch, and some of them are not very important. 

I do not have any disappointed because I pass these two exams in the first attempt, although the score is not the best, I got the certifications!  

I learned a lot from these two certification learning. I think the most useful points for me are – storytelling; 5 types of content creators; how to effectively promote content; seven steps to creating a10x content pillar page; 

1. Storytelling– it generates an emotional connection with customers. Stories are more effective, interesting, persuasive for people, people can remember stories more than anything.  
  1.  5 types of the content creators
  1. When you create promote content, ask yourself the four questions first.
  • What content do I have available to promote?
  • When will I promote this content?
  • Which persona can benefit from this content?
  • How and where does this persona consume content?
  1. Seven steps to creating a10x content pillar page
  • Choose a core topic
  • Identify a topic cluster
  • Create blog posts for needed subtopic content
  • Repurpose subtopic content into a downloadable offer
  • Deconstruct downloadable offer into a 10x content pillar page 
  • Link relevant owned media to 10x content pillar page
  • Create a conversion path for people to access your 10x content pillar page on your website. 

I think we can learn a lot from these certifications, so I recommend marketers take the lessons and get the certification. On a scale of 1-5, I would say the probability that I recommend it to my friend is 3, because I think the certification is useful but may not suitable for everyone, some of my friends do not interested in this field,  and some are professional marketers, they have already learned the basic knowledge of digital marketing, listening to these videos is waste time for them. So I think I only recommend the certification program for suitable people who are not experts but interesting in digital marketing.