Week 4

Critiquing a Recruitment Ad

My brand and the first impression I present to employers is my confidence, dedication in all that I do, personable communication skills, and that I’m a team player who knows when to have fun and be productive. Additions to my strengths feature working in teams, quick learning and adapting abilities, reliability, public speaking, and leadership. Some of my weaknesses are wanting to control things that I cannot control, needing immediate gratification, and being very blunt. By communicating significant life experiences that I’ve been through, with humor also intertwined in the seriousness, I can tell a story about my brand and why I have these qualities today. 

To communicate this information through a form of a situation wanted ad and story of myself, I can use resources like LinkedIn and Handshake on the internet to promote my own career desiring profile (my story) with my brand, to be geared a certain way towards a given job role and my strengths. These websites are very visible to prospective organizations. Also, handing out resumes and cover letters can be another way to put my story out there in the hands of organizations for given roles I would be suited for and for those looking for someone like myself.