IPIP Results & Reactions

The results of my International Personality Item Pool (IPIP) test are basically the same as I expected. In my own understanding of my personality, my extroversion index is not high, but I think I am an organized, planned, and trustworthy person who can control my emotions. These are my five indexes of personality.

EXTRAVERSION 26

AGREEABLENESS 83

CONSCIENTIOUSNESS 80

NEUROTICISM 15

OPENNESS 38

I like to explore the world, but I usually go with people with close relationships. I have a relatively fixed social circle. I am very friendly to people around me, and I am very optimistic about life. Many familiar friends feel happy and free with me. When I get along with a team, I usually do not like to be a leader, and I have a low level of stimulus. However, I am willing to accept other people’s proposals and it is easy to build strong friendships in this team. I have a good degree of trust in others, and believe that this world is a moral, equal, and common progress environment. Therefore, when I deal with things, I will respond to ethics as much as possible and be responsible for many things. I do not like to do some impulsive behavior to break a certain contract. I think such behaviors is easy to cause a lot of trouble to others and myself. Therefore, I will try my best to prepare fully and move towards my goal. My score on neuroticism is low, but I am actually a little bit worried. I feel that now I can control my emotions well and make my behavior meet the standards of social needs, but I am not sure whether long-term restraint and high supremacy will bring me to another extreme.

For potential employers, my character has many advantages and disadvantages. First of all, I am a responsible person. I will make full preparations for my commitment to meet the standards required by the company as much as possible. I can cooperate well with other members of the team to help the company’s projects go smoothly. Moreover, I can control my emotions and my desires. These personality traits are very important in teamwork. However, my shortcomings are also obvious. First of all, I am not an outgoing person, so in some new areas and when facing new customers, my performance may not be outstanding. It may take me longer to adjust to a new team or environment. This may cause trouble for other members. In addition, I do not like to explore exciting things, nor do I have good leadership skills. This means that my ability to innovate new things and control projects is somewhat lacking. My career development space may be hindered by this. These may also be obvious personality weaknesses for the company.