Typical vs. Maximal Performance

If I am the boss of the company, I will choose who to hire based on the position of the person. First of all, if this position requires very professional and superb technology, then I will choose to hire Avery. He can usually show a low level of enthusiasm. However, at critical moments, such as when it is necessary to improve the company’s overall level of innovation, or when solving difficult problems, he will have a very good performance and bring great benefits to the company. However, if this position is a position that requires daily work, then this position requires employees to insist on doing every step. Then I will choose to hire Jaime.

If the position is a programmer, I think employees like Avery are more valuable than Jamie. A good programmer must have outstanding talents and high innovation ability. He may not have to insist on doing something trivial every day. However, once he is urged to solve a certain malfunction or develop a new program, his ability and intelligence will be very important. His maximum performance, the superb technical ability, and innovation, will solve the key problems for the company and bring huge wealth.

While some positions do not require employees to have high potential and innovation ability, they only need to insist on doing their daily work to get good results, such as clerks and maintenance personnel. Such positions require employees who have diligence and carefulness. Therefore,  people like Jamie will be more valuable.