Critiquing a Recruitment Ad

Brand: The first impression that I want to give my potential employers is a sense of enthusiasm and the ability to cope with pressure. The confident eye contacts during the self-introduction is very important at the very beginning of the interview. My behavior and language need to show my great desire to work in this organization. My strengths include analytical skills, organization, and persistence. I will introduce my major and internship to prove my strengths. My weakness is perfectionism. I want to do everything best, and I like to plan everything in advance. Since I have considered too many factors, I sometimes hesitate when making a decision. However, I think this kind of perfectionism makes me different to a certain extent.

Situation Wanted Ad: My name is Liangui Li, a junior student at Oregon State University. I am a double major in Marketing and Management. I am looking for a job in marketing operations. I previously worked as an actuary assistant in an insurance company in China. During my internship, I helped actuaries to collect, organize, and analyze statistical data. In addition, I also participated in the modeling and maintenance of actuarial models, and assisted actuaries to understand the basic situation of insured investigation. These tasks can assist actuaries to conduct more accurate financial analysis and asset risk assessments. Accordingly, they can formulate company business plans and financial budgets. Therefore, this work strengthens my practical ability to apply knowledge. At OSU, I studied many courses in marketing and management, such as finance, market analysis, economic management, etc. I am also very good at math and computer courses. These courses have helped me gain solid basic skills, which, I believe, are necessary for future career development. I am ready to accept new challenges and apply the knowledge I have learned to my work. If you are interested, please contact me at lilia@oregonstate.edu. I look forward to hearing from you.