Experiences with Discrimination

Would the outstanding claims of discrimination change the way you felt about the company? Would it influence your decisions to support that company? Would it change whether or not you applied to work for that company in the future? Why or why not?

Whenever I saw a type of news that exposes certain scandals, my initial response was that the news was not credible because I thought the company I like should be good. However, as I read those reports, my attitude may be shaken. Even if the result is unresolved, the fact that the company is about to face public lawsuits proves something. There is a possibility that they have such discrimination. Correspondingly, my view of the company will change. I will be disappointed with it. I think any kind of discrimination is unfair to the victims. A person may be good at both ability and morality, but he is denied only because he was of a certain group. Discrimination is based on prejudice and arrogance. For either a group or an individual, discrimination is very unreasonable behavior.

If I found that my favorite company is facing such a scandal, I will actively pay attention to the development of litigation, and then make my decisions according to the facts. If it is just a farce, I will not change my original intention. However, if this company does have widespread discrimination against individuals from an ethnicity, culture, or belief system I associate with, I will immediately stop applying to work in this company. I think this company lacks certain business ethics and judgment. There is no point in applying to join an organization whose values ​​are contrary to mine. I believe that social identity is very important to me, which is a basic criterion for my activity. If I cannot firmly defend my race and culture, my other actions will go astray.