Job Application Experiences

1. Describe your experiences from the perspective of an applicant for the last job you for which you applied.

The last job I applied for was two years ago during the summer vacation. I applied for an intern at CPIC company in China. Before applying for a job, I browsed many job fairs and company websites to find the job I was interested in and suitable for my professional study. At that time, I hoped that I could accumulate some social experience and understand some corporate culture, so I paid more attention to the company’s reputation and corporate image. I posted my resume on the company’s official website. The next day, HR contacted me by phone to get some basic information and invited me for a formal interview three days later. Therefore, I checked the company’s information and the main authority of the post I delivered in more detail. I believed that being well prepared in advance could give me more confidence to show my abilities. On the day of the interview, HR and department heads participated in the interview. At the very beginning, there was a small test to help the interviewers know my basic ability to do the job. After that, I made a brief introduction to myself. Then, HR introduced the company’s main business scope and corporate values. Then the head of department asked me some questions such as why I wanted to join them and the advantages I had for the job. Finally, we also discussed career prospects and job benefits in detail.

1. Explain how your experiences during the job application process shaped your impression of the job you were applying for and your desire to work there (or in some cases to not work there).

The experience of applying for a job last time impressed me deeply because I think the whole process is very formal. The interviewer looked at my abilities and job matching in a comprehensive way and looked very professional. During the application process, I very much hope that I can successfully join the job and believe that I can learn a lot of useful skills.

One reply on “Job Application Experiences”