Recruitment Ad

Personal Brand–Katharine Sullivan

Strengths: organized, confident, driven, critical thinker, problem solver, and friendly personality.

Qualities that set me apart: ability to work well in teams and get along with anybody, attention to detail and love of intricate sometimes tedious tasks, and a positive attitude.

I have experience working in many different industries including agriculture, healthcare, and manufacturing in a variety of positions. This has made me very versatile and I welcome challenges. Because of the variety in my past jobs, I am not afraid to explore new opportunities that are unfamiliar to me. I am a great listener and communicator. If you hire me you will be adding an incredible employee to serve and represent your company.

To present myself and convey my brand to potential employers I would create a situation wanted ad and use a couple different recruitment techniques.

My first idea would be to send this and my resume by mail to some many organizations in the area. Even if they are not hiring or interested they may pass on my information to someone in their network who is looking for someone.

My second idea is to get permission from coffee shops and restaurants that I love to put up my ad and contact information either on their bulletin boards or by the register. I think this would be a good way to get my information out to professionals who stop by these places during the work week and also connect with me over our love of the same small businesses!

My last idea is to put my ad on social media. Specifically, I think making a Facebook post could be beneficial. Showcasing my skills, my strengths, and letting people know I am available and a great option as an employee wouldn’t be difficult to do on Facebook and then it is also easy to make it shareable too. This way, even more people could be exposed to my ad and the likelihood of people interested in me as a candidate increase. In this scenario, I picture making a website that I have this advertised on and using a link in the post on social media to direct people to get more information about me.

3 thoughts on “Recruitment Ad”

1. I really like the ideas you listed for getting your situation wanted ad out to the public! I think posting the ad in coffee shops and restaurants is very creative and would definitely get individuals who see it talking and inspire them to contact you if they work for a company where they feel your talents would be useful. I also think using social media is a smart idea, especially in this day and age where so much of our interaction with others happens online. Facebook would be a smart platform to use because many members of the older generations (who would more likely be doing recruiting and hiring) are active on this platform.

2. Hi Katharine,
    I really love your approach with posting in a local shop. This not only shows common interest, but it is a really easy way to spark a communication without the pressure of a job. By creating this initial connection, it establishes common ground and mutual interests which can increase trust and a relationship that will stand out when an open position presents itself.
    Sara

3. Hi Katherine,
    I love the idea of how you wrote your blog post. Didn’t even think to write it like this and I feel like this was appropriate to start with your strengths and qualities. I also like the ideas you would do to promote yourself. Social media is a very smart place to do so since majority of big business and include small business have Facebook accounts. At times business do look at future employees accounts and see if they are a great fit for the business and based on it can determine whether or not to hire the individual.
    Patty Genaro