Week 5

Typical vs. Maximal Performance

Without knowing exactly what kind of position is being filled, I think I would hire Jaime. I think someone who is consistent and reliable is going to get more work done on a day to day basis, which in the long run would benefit the company. Avery might be naturally talented, but I would want someone on the team who is consistently putting in work and not slacking off. 

A type of job where Avery would excel would be a job that is very results oriented. Off the top of my head I think of a sales job. On the day to day, I feel like there is not a lot of tasks where consistency is required. But when there are sales events or something happening where there is ample opportunity to make a sale, I would send Avery. Especially if it were a high stress situation where my company might be competing with another company to make a sale or obtain a client. I would want to send someone who I know can perform well in that high stakes environment. 

A type of job where Jaime would excel would be something like a software engineer. I think this kind of job is one where the company gives their employees a project, and they have a good amount of time to work on it. Being able to work slowly to get a piece of software just right takes consistency and someone who is willing to work at it every day. Jaime would excel in this kind of job because there is less time sensitive pressure and not as many high stress situations that he would have to face.