Week 5

If I were in the position to choose to hire Avery or Jamie I would pick Jamie. Jamie is a consistent worker, he is the one who will show up to work on time and can meet my expectations. It means more to me that an employee is consistent rather than outstanding but a slacker. I think the more consistent worker is the one who is engaged in his job and the company. Considering Avery is a slacker I assume she is not invested in her job or the company as a whole because she is not eager to improve the company. 

A job that would fit someone like Avery is a surgeon. Surgeons need a high level of expertise in their jobs and their own individual skill is very important. Surgeons don’t have to worry as much about the day to day as long as she is using her skills to the best of her ability during surgeries. Avery is better than Jamie in some ways such as being highly skilled and high performing. She also does better under pressure than Jamie. 

Jamie would be successful in a job such as working in a call center or inputting data. Both of these roles involve a high level of consistency and the job itself if rather consistent. These kinds of jobs are typically not too stressful which means Jamie will not be pushed out of his comfort level. He is consistent and can handle the average day to day. He needs a job with not too much variability or skills needed.