IPIP Results & Reactions

My test results:

• Openness to experience score: 29, I scored low which indicates that I like to think in plain and simple terms. Other’s often describe me as down-to-earth, practical, and conservative.
  • Conscientiousness score: 31, I scored low which indicates I like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. My work tends to be careless and disorganized.
  • Extraversion score: 29, I scored low which indicates that I’m introverted, reserved, and quite. I enjoy solitude and solitary activities.
  • Agreeableness score: 74, I scored high, which indicates I have a strong interest in other’s needs and well-being. I’m pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.
  • Neuroticism score: 56, I scored average which indicates that my level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to me, but I’m generally able to get over these feelings and cope with the situation.

Strengths and weakness as a potential employee:

• Strengths: From my test results a potential employer will be able to see that my strengths fall under introversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism. Because I scored low in extraversion, they will be able to see that I am high in introversion, and so that I prefer to work independently, am reserved, and enjoy solitude. From my agreeableness score, they will be able to see that I am very compassionate and care deeply about others. With my neuroticism score falling almost in the middle it shows that I have my emotions under control and while some situations might make me uncomfortable, I am still about to not let things get to me and work through it and cope with the situation.

• Weaknesses: From my test results a potential employer can see that my weaknesses are in conscientiousness and openness to experience. Being on the low end of conscientiousness, they will be able to see that I’m no where near a perfectionist or workaholic. But falling low in this category could be a positive for certain employers because they might like that I’m down-to-earth and am focused on the now. Testing low in openness to experience also shows potential employers that I lack creativity and imagination. This could be the difference between getting the job or not in a marketing setting. But in a job setting where there isn’t much room for creativity and is more plain and simple, they wouldn’t have to worry about me becoming bored.

3 replies on “IPIP Results & Reactions”

Hi Hannah,
I like how you set up this blog post. It’s very organized and clean, easy to follow. Which I find interesting, because of the low conscientious score, but the openness to experience tells me that you work simply. In this case of the blog, you had minimal instructions and kept it very neat.
Whereas I scored high on everything, but got average on neuroticism, so I am more organized in general, but I can be impractical and need more guidance to successfully do my work well. It’s interesting how the dynamics of this test means different things, especially in context of the situation and job.

Hi Hannah (typing this second time lol)
Anyway, I said that I have got opposite results on agreeableness (my was lower) and on extraversion (my was on the higher end).
I definitely agree with the strengths and weaknesses, I believe that every weakness can be turned into positive things!

Hi Hannah,

During college, we ended up creating various expectations about our first job and our professional future, and we idealized a perfect environment. But that doesn’t always happen, and you can’t give up in the face of the first adversity. There is no point in having a resume that makes you jealous and has a solid experience if you do not have a professional profile capable of working well in a team. Even entrepreneurs need the help of a group, with good ideas to offer. Professionals who maintain a good interpersonal relationship and who are able to get along with the people around them – be a cleaning employee to the owner of the company – are admired and are able to build a pleasant professional environment that motivates everyone to achieve profitable results. I believe your score on agreeableness is a great strength in this sense.