Week 9

Self-Reflection

What am I good at?

I excel at organization and am always on top of things. I like to keep track of tasks with to-do lists and sticky notes, and am always making sure everything I can control is tidy and organized. I work well in a team and am passionate about success as I’m a fierce competitor, but I also love to read, write, and continue learning.

What do I value?

Happiness and spreading joy make me happy. While overstated, I truly do want to make the world a better place and contribute to the success of others. I value family and doing the right thing, travelling and appreciation for other cultures, and accepting life not as it is, but how it should be.

How did I get here?

While Oregon State wasn’t my first choice, I got here because it made sense. It was closer to home and less expensive, as well as it came with friends and people I knew already. Being in the College of Business was not my original intention; I started undeclared, not knowing what I wanted to do. I ended up with Management because I made friends in classes, watched the Office, and started to see how I could one day change the world.

Where am I going?

I’ve made some pretty safe choices and been mostly boring along this path. I have an internship at a corporate office that starts in a few weeks and I could see myself interviewing for a position for after graduation. This is great in the sense that it’s secure and a seemingly normal way to go, with a house and one day hopefully a family to go along with that white picket fence. I’m not sure I’m happy with that though, as I want to travel a lot more and feel young for a lot longer too.

One reply on “Self-Reflection”

Hi Donovan,
I think your self-reflection is great. You seem comfortable with where things are at and hopeful for the future. You are working to manifest your dreams into reality but are not too eager to have all the answers. There’s a certain level of humility that you seem to have! Keep up the hard work, you will do great at whatever you pursue!
Sara