Job Descriptions

Looking back on the last job I had, the job description had little to no reason why I applied for the position. It was not that the job description was done poorly, but I had other sources that convinced me to apply for the job. The description was actually well made and gave a great insight to the position. After working in this job for the past 8 months, I believe the job description was perfectly accurate to what I have been doing. There are always going to be small details added on to most job once you start them, but that has happened minimally in my experience. The main duties were exactly how the description had said they would be. A main difference in the job description and what has actually happened is the guarantee of hours. Due to budget issues we had to cut back on shift opportunities which then cut into our available hours to work. At first, this was a big deal to my co-workers and I because we knew it could make an impact on our paychecks. In the end we worked out a viable solution to keep our hours up, but it could’ve ended up poorly for us. With the COVID-19 pandemic there has been a drastic change to our working capabilities for obvious reasons. These precautions were not in the job description and that’s to be expected. My bosses have done a great job with going over our new ways of operating and performing new tasks. Just goes to show that a great job description is needed, but a solid boss can go a long ways.