Experiences with Discrimination

Anytime an article with these types of issues come out it’s going to make you think twice about using that company’s product or service. If this happened with a business that I used I would definitely reconsider how I feel about them. When I’m making a purchase, I want to know that whoever I’m buying from is being ethical and fair in all aspects of their operations. I would most likely try to find another company to use in order to fulfill the same needs. It’s one thing to buy from a company that has these discrimination problems, but it’s an even bigger issue thinking about working there. I would not even think of applying to a company like this knowing of how they’ve been treating their employees. It is hard to make any final decisions on any of these questions with little context to the actual situation. A lot of my opinion about this company would be based on how they react to the situation. If I felt like they make several moves in order to mitigate this problem for the future, then it helps their look in my eyes. This could be firings of certain executives, details about trainings, and other things in order to help discrimination go away in their workplace. Actions like this make it much easier to regain trust in that company moving forward. If this company decides to do nothing and make excuses about the discrimination, then it’s easy to cut ties with them. I wouldn’t want to purchase from them nor would I ever consider applying to work with them.