My Job Application Experiences

Applying for any job is always a little nerve-racking whether it’s for CEO or just a summer job in college. Luckily for me, the last job I applied for was just another position at a company I was already employed with. The job was a supervisor position rather than the lower-level employee position I already had. I knew I was a solid employee that was capable of the job. But I didn’t feel as if I stood out enough during the time I was already there. I knew it was going to be important in my interview to show my skills that were maybe not shown as much during my time already spent with the company.

At first, I didn’t really consider applying for the position until one of my supervisors brought it up to me. It felt good to have an upper employee see potential in me for the position they currently held. I wanted to learn more about what went on behind the scenes of the supervisor position before I committed fully to applying. Everyone was very helpful and gave great insight which persuaded me to apply. All three bosses present for the interview were very inviting and explained they were excited I applied. It was a very welcoming atmosphere that made me want the job even more. I felt wanted and positive throughout the entire process from applying, interviewing, and receiving the call about the decision. It was obvious to me that the more time I spent with my bosses and co-workers in this process, the more I wanted to be a part of the supervisor team.

One reply on “My Job Application Experiences”