With the migration to Canvas comes many new features and methods for facilitating your course. The Canvas Guides provide a lot of information, but you may be wondering, where do I even start? Here at Ecampus, we’ve put together a few guides to help you become familiar with some of the tools in Canvas.
First, if you’re wondering, “I did this in Blackboard, but I can’t find it in Canvas; how do I…?”, we’ve created a few design options for that. These design options explore how to adapt features that you’ve used in Blackboard to the new Canvas environment.
- Design Options – Adaptive Release
- Design Options – Blogs
- Design Options – Discussion Boards
- Design Options – Folders and Items
- Design Options – Gradebook
- Design Options – Groups
- Design Options – Journals
- Design Options – Rubrics
- Design Options – Tests, Surveys, and Question Types
- Design Options – Wikis
We’ve also created some more in depth quick references that help explain how to use some of the most popular Canvas features.
- Quick Reference – Adaptive Release
- Quick Reference – Groups Tool
- Quick Reference – Moderating a Quiz
- Quick Reference – Peer Review Tool
- Quick Reference – Setting up Grades
The Quick Reference guides and other helpful Canvas-specific information can be found on our Canvas Faculty Resources page. We also have a list of resources for teaching an online course on our Teaching Resources page where you can find our favorite presentation, web-conferencing, and other tools.
Are there other features you’ve discovered or some you’d like to know more about? Leave your feedback in the comments!