- To rename a studio site – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Calculate the total number of possible points in a Canvas course
- Navigate to “Grades” in your course.
- Select “CSV file” from the Export menu.
- The exported .csv file will include a “Points Possible” which you can then use the SUM function in Excel to get the total points.
- How do I automatically create groups in a group set?
- Different Due Dates for Groups in an Assignment
Getting an embedded Kaltura link:
Getting a URL to an embedded Kaltura video is a bit tricky from a Canvas course. If you just copy the src link in the <iframe> it will be only viewable to people who have access to that same course. Look for a parameter called “entryid” strip out codes for forward slashes (%2F) and then add the value to the end of “https://media.oregonstate.edu/media/t.” For example, the embed code for a recorded WebEx session from the Winter 19 DOC course was this:
<iframe style="width: 560px; height: 375px;" title="W19 DOC Synchronous Session #2: Active and Group Learning (55:31)" src="https://oregonstate.instructure.com/courses/1733217/external_tools/retrieve?display=borderless&url=https%3A%2F%2F391241.kaf.kaltura.com%2Fbrowseandembed%2Findex%2Fmedia%2Fentryid%2F1_z8ebpu2j%2FshowDescription%2Ffalse%2FshowTitle%2Ffalse%2FshowTags%2Ffalse%2FshowDuration%2Ffalse%2FshowOwner%2Ffalse%2FshowUploadDate%2Ffalse%2FplayerSize%2F560x375%2FplayerSkin%2F22119142%2F" width="560" height="375" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" webkitallowfullscreen="webkitallowfullscreen" mozallowfullscreen="mozallowfullscreen"></iframe>
If you past the src field into a browser, the value immediately following “entryid” in the URL is “1_z8ebpu2j”
The link for this video outside of the course is: https://media.oregonstate.edu/media/t/1_z8ebpu2j