These resources directly relate to the Pesticide Spill Curriculum.
- American Association of Poison Control Centers
- Federal Hazardous Substances Act , Department of Pesticide Regulation. US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Household Product Database, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health
- Labeling and Banning Requirements for Chemicals and Other Hazardous Substances, August 2002. US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Office of Compliance.
- Read the Label First, US EPA. Office of Pesticide Programs.
- Toxicology Tutor, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health
BA 3: Pump It Up!: Part I – Analyzing Pumps
- How Water Blasters Work, How Stuff Works
- Archimedes and the Computation of Pi, University of Utah
- GCMS: How Does It Work? Unsolved Mysteries of Human Health, Oregon State University
- Chromatography, General Chemistry On-line, Frostburg State University
- Gas Chromatography, Sheffield Hammond University
- Forensic Science, (see lipstick actvitiy), University of Colorado, Boulder
- Separate Colors in a Green Leaf Using Chromatography
- Guide to Crime Scene Investigation
BA 7: Soil Classification
- Porosity and Permeability of Soil, SEED Science Center
- Environmental Health and Toxicology, National Library of Medicine
- Resource Guide to Careers in Toxicology, Society of Toxicology
- Toxicology Jobs, Unixl.com
General Pesticide Information
- National Pesticide Information Center, Oregon State University and US EPA
- ExToxNet (Extension Toxicology Network) Oregon State Universtity, et al.Toxicology Information Briefs
- Pesticides, US EPA
Metam Sodium and MITC Information
- Risk Charactarization: Methyl Isothiocyanate (MITC) Following the Agricultural Use of Metam Sodium, July 2003
- Metam Sodium Risk Characterization Document, July 2004
See resources for Background Activities 7 and 8
See resources for Background Activities 3 and 4
See resources for Background Activities 5 and 6