- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and diced
- 2 cans (15-ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 cans (14-ounce) fire-roasted tomatoes
- Toasted pumpkin seeds, for topping
1.In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add acorn squash and onion. Saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add black beans, vegetable broth, tomato paste and fire-roasted tomatoes.
2.In a small bowl, combine spices and mix. Add to chili pot.
3.Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
4.Top with toasted pumpkin seeds.