To export a blog from WordPress, do the following:
- Log into your existing WordPress blog as an Administrator.
- Click on the Site Admin link.
- From your Dashboard, click on Tools > Export and do the following:
- Restrict Author: Choose either All Authors, or restrict an Author from being exported, if you wish.
- Click the Download Export File button. A dialog box will appear.
- Click the Save File option.
- Click the OK button.
- Your WordPress blog will save itself as an xml file.
Note: These instructions are for WordPress. If you are trying to export an existing blog that uses a different blogging application, the process is probably quite similar. Please see any applicable help instructions for non-WordPress blogs.