The Polls widget is available as soon as a blogsite is created.
To Use the Polls Widget
- From within your Dashboard, go to Appearance > Widgets
- Locate the Polls widget in the Available Widgets group at the top of the page. Click on the widget and drag it into an available region such as Sidebar 1, Sidebar 2, etc.
- Once the widget has been positioned, click on its arrow to open up the widget control panel
- Title: this is optional. If you don’t enter a title it will show the default widget title.
- Display Polls Archive Link Below Poll?: This will provide links to your poll archives, beneath your active poll. Select yes or no.
- Poll to Display: enter a value here. Keep in mind that this will show as a list on your site.
- Exclude pages: choose one of the following:
- Do Not Display Poll
- Display Random Poll
- Display Latest Poll
- Specific poll title from list of all available polls on blog site
- Click the Save button when completed
- Click on the Visit Site link to see your new widget in action.
To view help instructions on the Polls plugin or settings, just click on the following provided links: