The Delete Blog feature provides you with the ability to permanently delete the blog, if desired. If this is done, the URL used for the deleted blog can not be re-used.
Permalinks are customized URL structures you can create to substitute for the machine generated URLs created by WordPress. This allows you to develop aliased URLs that are more reader and search engine friendly. The Permalink Settings group contains the following items:
- Common Settings: provides five different formats to use for URL creation
- Default: creates no alias
- Day and Name: creates year, month, and day format with name of post
- Month and Name: creates year and moth format with name of post
- Numeric: auto-numbers post and uses number for URL alias format
- Custom Structure: defined by you, if desired
- Optional Settings: allows creation of custom URL structures for Categories and Tags
The Privacy Settings contain the following item:
- Blog Visibility: Allows full visibility to everyone, including search engines or limits search engine visibility while still allowing normal visitors.
The Media Settings relate to image size settings and contain the following items:
- Image Sizes:
- Thumbnail size: Allows you to define thumbnail size and cropping requirements.
- Medium size: Allows you to define the medium image size.
- Large size: Allows you to define the large image size.