Pre-run jitters gone it was time to settle into the routine of the next 61 days, but it wasn’t quite routine. Both brothers began the first day suffering from calf cramps due to the late start on the first day and a Willamette Valley heat wave. But where there’s a will, there’s a way. Take a look at and share moments from the first 200 miles of their run.

6 thoughts on “200 miles down, 1,475 to go

• Between breaking my phone and being many days without service, I will be posting as much as I can. It’s been pretty hot here in Southern Oregon like Medford and Klamath Falls. The last few days have been great. We were in Eagle Point on Sunday afternoon visiting the owner of the Butte Creek Mill (historic), Bob Russell, is also the mayor of Eagle Point and an OSU alumni. There, we had 3 different TV news stations come cover our story. Then on Monday, we ran to Klamath Falls where we met with OSU President Ed Ray to host the 100 year anniversary of the Extension Offices being an essential part of Oregon State Universities ability to reach out to communities all over the state.

Reply
      • Thrilled you were able to meet Mayor Bob Russell and visit Butte Creek Mill. He’s a true “Beaver Believer” and, I’m sure, treated you well.

Reply
  1. How are you two doing? We are with you every step. I hope your run is steady and healthy. Post more pictures for us to enjoy!

Reply
    • We are doing great! We appreciate all the wonderful support we have been receiving from the College of Public Health and Human Sciences, along with the entire Oregon State University family that is spread throught all communities in Oregon. I’ve never had so much Beaver and orange pride…almost too difficult to look at thyme color green anymore. I will keep posting more pictures and blogs!

Reply
  2. Hi Isaiah and Jeremiah! You two are amazing! I’m looking forward to see you this weekend at the Deschutes County Fair in Redmond. Also, you are welcome to take advantage of the pools — and spa! — on your “Rest Day” Sunday. No need to run from Bend to Eagle Crest, we can pick you up. Keep-up the GREAT WORK!!!

Reply