Keep Fingernails Healthy After Acrylics

What’s the sitch?

I love receiving a fresh manicure. There’s something about having long, pointy fingernails that makes me feel like THAT girl. One downside I have with getting my nails done is that the acrylics cause my natural fingernails to become super thin and unhealthy. I end up not even wanting to give them a break from the acrylics because of how horrible they look without them. I ruin the overall structure of my own nails just so I can feel good… that doesn’t seem fair.

A few of my friends don’t even bother with getting fake nails. Their natural nails are so beautifully long and strong. I asked them what their secret was and a few said it was just something they’re blessed with (not very helpful), and others mentioned a compound called biotin.

What really is biotin

Biotin is a water-soluble B vitamin that uses your pancreatic beta cells to activate glucose-induced insulin. Increasing the glucose in your body will boost your metabolism in the liver. This can also cause an enhancement in your muscle cells/muscles. Webmd.com explains how biotin is commonly known for the positive effects it has on the growth of fingernails because it helps to strengthen them while adding natural shine and glow. Verywellhealth.com even claims “Biotin is a B vitamin often touted as a natural remedy for brittle nails”.  Not only does it serve for renewing the appearance and overall health of your nails, but biotin also aids in battling nerve damage and hair loss. Biotin deficiency is common among many people and can cause a lack of interest, hallucinations, tingling in the arms and legs, and even depression.

How do you get it?

Thorne Research is a brand that sells biotin and many other supplements. Thorne was established by Al and Kelly Czap in 1984. They wanted to give people a better market of supplements that was higher in quality and more natural to the body. It has also been certified by cGMP, TGA, and NSF.

Healthline.com says that biotin can be taken as a dosage but also consumed via the food you eat. A variety of nuts, egg yolks, whole grains, soybeans, bananas, cauliflower, and mushrooms are some listed to help improve your biotin levels in the body.

What does this mean

I’m tired of removing my nails and seeing the dents and damage my acrylics have done. I want to be the girl people ask if my nails are fake and I can proudly state they’re my own natural, healthy, and strong nails! A small amount of biotin could be the change you’re looking for. An added boost in your energy levels, hair growth, strong nails, and smoother skin all sound like great bonuses to me. After all, a Happy You Is A Healthy You!

One Reply to “Keep Fingernails Healthy After Acrylics”

1. This blog post showed very good understanding and it was well-thought out work. Love all the tips for new bloggers. I’m just starting out and am obsessed with reading any article for help I can find. Thank you for sharing.