Thursday, July 9 @ 12:00 pm: Extension Teaching Network
Come learn how to increase participant participation and input on Zoom through using Mentimeter and the Zoom whiteboard with Mary Halbleib, CSS, Gordon Jones, SOREC, Cassie Bouska, Coos and Curry County Extension
Session Audience: Staff and faculty that engage in the design, instruction and evaluation of education programs
Bring your lunch and join the discussion to get insights and support to make your Extension programs more effective and engaging. We are excited to share our ideas and hear yours as we delve into solving challenges and pursuing new opportunities for impactful outreach.
April 2020 Extension Teaching Network session – Cub Kahn, hybrid course design expert at our Center for Teaching and Learning, led the April monthly meet up. Gain from his experience and learn about the resources he shared for online learning:
- Center for Teaching and Learning Blended Learning website
- Center for Teaching and Learning blog
- Ecampus Course Development and Training Team blog
- Remote Teaching Canvas Template – note: this template could easily be imported into a Canvas studio site and customized (keep the parts you want; delete the rest) for any educational experience with online components. (If anyone wants to use the template for a publicly available Canvas site, I’m glad to assist).
- Keep Teaching Remote Teaching Strategies
- Learn@OregonState – describes how to use OSU-supported tech tools
February 2020 Extension Teaching Network session – topics include engaging more horse owners for pasture management education, increasing active learning in Master Gardener training design, and approaches for teaching pesticide mode of action with farmers and others.
We will meet on the second Thursday of every month at noon. Please email Mary to get on the monthly reminder email list.