Oregon State University|blogs.oregonstate.edu
Blog Owner
GRANT ENGER

Rampage Jackson

May 18th, 2012

I’m a big UFC fan, I have been watching it since I was a little kid. I remember watching Rampage Jackson fight in Pride early in his career and I was always amazed at how strong and explosive he was. In his prime he was a man among boys in the ring. The one thing that I’m happy about is that I will never have to take a punch from him.  That dude is crazy. But has always been one of my favorite fighters to watch, because every time I know he is going to go out and put on a great fight. You have to focus the whole time because I swear if you look away for a second he is going to powerbomb someone or get a crazy instant knock out. This is a video that 2crazynate on posted on youtube it’s a highlight film of Rampage’s knock outs, or wins in Pride and UFC. I still can’t believe how vicious Pride used to be with allowing kicks and knees to the face when on the ground. I am really glad that UFC changed that rule. I also think that the change has really helped the sport, because most people don’t want to see someone get kicked in the face on the ground, so it made it more (i know this is the wrong phrase but bear with me) “Family oriented” so people could watch the sport without cringing the whole time. Well anyways enjoy the highlights of Rampage.

Tags: , , , , , ,

2 Responses to “Rampage Jackson”

1. Seriously, Rampage is one of my favorite fighters.
    And he has such a brutally honest sense of humor.
    This is an interview from the fight between Chael Sonnen and Forrest Griffin last week.
    He straight up says “He sucks!” haha
    Check it out man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvwcYozkV-M

Comment by Jack Fujimori - July 16th, 2012 @ 9:42 pm
  2. Thanks for posting this. Even though I’m looking at this a bit late, it’s still good to look back at. Rampage was good, but think he lost his mojo. He is a hilarious guy,( http://youtu.be/LvwcYozkV-M ), but I am not sure, maybe age caught up to him..

Comment by Walter Johnson - July 16th, 2012 @ 10:36 pm