Glencora Borradaile

Assistant Professor, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Oregon State University

April 16, 2013

OSU announces new theoretical computer science group!

Filed under: Silent Glen Speaks @ 2:36 pm
Tags: ,

More exciting news from Oregon State!  Mike Rosulek will be joining our faculty in September.  Mike will bring some great complexity expertise to our department, but it is for his contributions to the fundamentals of cryptography that we recruited him to OSU.  We are building a security group at OSU, and Mike will lead things off.  Mike Rosulek graduated from UIUC in 2009 (yes, we are continuing our Illinois love-fest, it seems) and has since been on the faculty at the University of Montana where he has impressively continued and built his research program in secure computation and was awarded an NSF CAREER award.*

For Amir and I, this will mean the start of a real TCS group at OSU.  I see seminars and reading groups and generally a more lively theory atmosphere in our future here!

* I think that brings our departmental CAREER count to 21.  Given that we have 41 faculty, some of whom were never eligible for CAREER or equivalent, well, that impresses me!

5 Comments

1.   JeffE — April 16, 2013 @ 10:46 pm    

Awesome news! Mike will be a fantastic addition to your department, both intellectually and personally.

Also: Resistance is futile; you will be assimilated.

2.   Glencora Borradaile — April 16, 2013 @ 10:47 pm    

I have no problems with hiring more UIUC grads. Bring ‘em on, they’re excellent!

3.   Suresh Venkat ( — April 17, 2013 @ 5:40 am    

I’m officially jealous now.

•   Glencora Borradaile — April 17, 2013 @ 3:31 pm    

And me of the past is jealous of me of the future!

4.   Abdul — May 6, 2013 @ 4:32 am    

Security is a long awaited addition to OSU, I wish it happened during my time there! happy to know that great stuff is happening there!

© 2014 Glencora Borradaile   Powered by WordPress MU    Hosted by blogs.oregonstate.edu