OSU announces new theoretical computer science group!

More exciting news from Oregon State!  Mike Rosulek will be joining our faculty in September.  Mike will bring some great complexity expertise to our department, but it is for his contributions to the fundamentals of cryptography that we recruited him to OSU.  We are building a security group at OSU, and Mike will lead things off.  Mike Rosulek graduated from UIUC in 2009 (yes, we are continuing our Illinois love-fest, it seems) and has since been on the faculty at the University of Montana where he has impressively continued and built his research program in secure computation and was awarded an NSF CAREER award.*

For Amir and I, this will mean the start of a real TCS group at OSU.  I see seminars and reading groups and generally a more lively theory atmosphere in our future here!

* I think that brings our departmental CAREER count to 21.  Given that we have 41 faculty, some of whom were never eligible for CAREER or equivalent, well, that impresses me!

5 thoughts on “OSU announces new theoretical computer science group!

1. JeffE

Awesome news! Mike will be a fantastic addition to your department, both intellectually and personally.

Also: Resistance is futile; you will be assimilated.

2. Glencora Borradaile Post author

I have no problems with hiring more UIUC grads. Bring ’em on, they’re excellent!

3. Abdul

Security is a long awaited addition to OSU, I wish it happened during my time there! happy to know that great stuff is happening there!