Self-Reflection

1. What am I good at?

During an internship as a white-collar worker, it was a difficult position and role that I was put in. In the end, there was a lot of feedback and constructive criticism, but I was commended for two things. It was my hard-work ethic and focus on developing relationships with staff and other interns and mentoring them. I am also good at improving and maximizing efficiencies in processes.

2. What do I value?

Integrity is a value that I hold dear. Family is another value, as they give me purpose and provide support. Communication is important to me, as I tend to over-share, but like the grappling with ideas and making ideas and lives better. This goes hand-in-hand with courage, as it can be difficult to share and talk about matters that are important, but challenging.

3. How did I get here?

I started in Brookings, Oregon and traveled the world. Living in Europe for over a year and in the Middle East. It was the invitation of my friend and brother, who invited me to join him, as he went to school for his second bachelors. It was during that period of working and getting involved with my community and church that I decided I wanted to go back to school and provide for myself and my family.

4. Where am I going?

I will go wherever the job takes me. I hope to stay in Oregon, but I will take my family with me and make a home that is made of memories and is safe. I hope to travel and to push my career into operations, becoming a COO at some point in my career.

One thought on “Self-Reflection”