COF Scholarships closing soon!
Time to apply for College of Forestry scholarships for the 2018-19 academic year.
Please read through the instructions, eligibility requirements, important notes, etc. so you are fully informed of all the details before you apply. As all of you are enrolled in the CoF now you are considered “Current Students”.
The deadline to submit an application for 2018-19 scholarship award consideration is FEBRUARY 15, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted for any reason.
2018-19 Jerry Sedlak Memorial Scholarship
The Western Region of the Council on Forest Engineering (WR.COFE) sponsors several $1,000 scholarships for undergraduate students currently enrolled in either FE, FOM option, or FE/CE or similar forestry engineering / harvesting degree programs. Scholarships will be awarded at the start of the academic year (Fall Term) for student’s “educational cost” including tuition, fees and books.
Other scholarship application criteria include the following:
Class standing: Sophomore, Junior or Senior
Full Time Student
Minimum College Accumulated GPA: 2.75
The application can be found here. Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2018
Dean’s Fund Awards for International Engagement
The College of Forestry is committed to expanding international learning opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. The Dean’s Fund Awards for International Engagement have been put in place to assist students in pursuing their interests through international study, research, internships, and other collaborative experiences.
- The application deadline is January 9 for international programs/experiences beginning in Spring term (March – June).
- The next application deadline will be April 1 for international programs/experiences beginning in Summer term (June – September).
Benton Community Foundation Scholarships
- College Students: Scholarships available to current college students. (Graduating high school seniors who meet the eligibility requirements can apply for: OSU Opportunity Native American Scholarships, Sutherland College of Forestry Scholarship or the Sutherland College of Public Health and Human Services Scholarship)
- Oregon State University Opportunity Scholarships for Native American students. (Word or PDF)
- Oregon State University Opportunity Scholarships for International students. (Word or PDF)
- Renewable Scholarship Application for previous recipients of the Smith, Jensen, Knights of Pythias, Hahn, or Trout Scholarships are available. (Word or PDF)
- Corvallis Woman’s Club Scholarship. (Word or PDF)
- Chicano/Latino Alumni Association Scholarship. (Word or PDF)
- Charles and Elaine Mellen Sutherland College of Forestry Scholarship. (Word or PDF)
- Charles and Elaine Mellen Sutherland College Public Health and Human Services. (Word or PDF)
- Additional scholarships decided externally can be found on our college scholarships page.
International Student Scholarships
The application for continuing international student scholarships is now open. These are partial tuition remission scholarships in the amount of $5,000. Scholarships are non-renewable, but students can apply more than once. Students who receive a tuition waiver or an assistantship are ineligible.
Eligibility for the scholarship is based on financial need, closeness to degree completion, and a minimum of 2.5 undergraduate GPA and/or 3.0 graduate GPA. Students must fill out the CSS Profile in order to apply. There is an application fee, but I have a limited number of fee waiver codes to give out.
For more information, and to request a code, please email email@example.com.
Deadline for 2018-2019 applications: February 15, 2018.
NOAA Undergraduate Scholarships
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for undergraduate students majoring in disciplines related to oceanic and atmospheric science, research, or technology, and supportive of the purposes of NOAA’s programs and mission. Over 100 students are selected each year for participation in the Ernest F. Hollings (Hollings) and Educational Partnership Program (EPP) scholarship programs. These scholarships include support for two years of undergraduate study and summer internship opportunities at NOAAfacilities across the country.
For information on program benefits and how to apply, visit our web sites:
- Educational Partnership Program Undergraduate Scholarship: www.noaa.gov/eppscholarship
o Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
- Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship: www.noaa.gov/hollings
o Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Marshall Plan Scholarship Program in Austria
Marshall Plan Scholarship Program
Check This Out! Did you think funding your internship or research dreams were dashed because of cost? Well, we have news for you. The Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation offers scholarships from € 3,000 – € 10,000 for research in technical sciences in Austria. It is the Foundation’s goal to see more Austrians and Americans participate in academic exchange programs, thereby increasing mutual understanding and image.
Important Dates to Consider:
Second Call, 2017/2018 Marshall Plan Scholarship Program:
March 5 – April 22, 2018, earliest date of studies is July 22, 2018 (our internal deadline is April 06, 2018)
First Call, 2018/2019 Scholarship Program:
September 10 – November 2, 2018, earliest date of studies is January 30, 2019 (our internal deadline is October 12, 2018)
For more information, click HERE!
Want to apply? You’ll need to be nominated by your university. Begin by contacting Michele Justice.