Sandy Jameson has taken over the Fernhopper Blog!
“Here we are in Week 4 of Winter term and it’s time to make an appointment for Spring term advising and get your PIN.
- To sign up for an appointment please use the on-line appointment system. If you haven’t already done so, use the link I’ve included to get yourself into this program. It really is easy, efficient, and – yes – required. Check it out here: Schedule an appointment here
- If you’ve already set yourself up in this system, you can make an appointment simply by clicking here and selecting your academic advisor.
- Advising will continue throughout February and March by appointment, but it is recommended that you sign up now and get it done early.Phase I of Registration begins on Sunday, February 25th and goes through Wednesday, March 14th. Remember if you don’t get your registration done during your Phase I registration day and time, you will have to wait until your Phase II day and time. Phase II registration and WAITLISTING for classes begins at 8 pm on Thursday, March 15th.
IMPORTANT SENIORS –if you haven’t applied to graduate yet and intend to complete your degree in the spring, summer, or fall please apply now. This is your final email reminder to do so.
WORK EXPERIENCE – “Oh, I have it completed, I just haven’t submitted it.” If this is your case, then please get it done now. You never know, your immediate supervisor may have moved on to a different job and then you’ll have to figure who to get it submitted to. It is always best to get this done immediately following your last work date.”
Reminders about Priority Registration: Phases 1 and 2
Priority registration has two phases. Students register in group time blocks based on their credits earned and in progress. The more credits students have earned, the earlier they may register. Students may register in their assigned time block or any later time.
The two phases enable automated wait listing. Here is how it works for undergraduates:
- Phase 1 allows registration in a maximum of 16 credits. No wait listing is allowed.
- Phase 2 allows registration in a maximum of 19 credits plus a maximum of three wait listed classes.
Students may obtain registration times for phases 1 and 2 via their MyOSU account. Click on the Student tab and under Registration Tools, select View Priority Registration Status. Or see the priority registration tables in the online catalog at http://catalog.oregonstate.edu/ChapterDetail.aspx?key=374#Section3955
Choose a time via the on-line appointment calendar that works best for you. Finally, and most importantly, come with a clue of the courses you need to/would like to take. This doesn’t have to be perfect, but putting a bit of thought and time into this step is super-helpful for both of us! This is where your “MyDegrees” info is a really good tool.
Also, please check your MyDegrees page and make sure it is accurate! Bring questions on it to the appointment.