The application for admission to the professional program in OSU’s Forestry, Forest Engineering, and Forest Engineering-Civil Engineering programs is now available!
What is the Professional Program?
Several majors in OSU’s College of Forestry (Forestry, Forest Engineering, and Forest Engineering/Civil Engineering) have a pre/pro model. The pre-professional courses span the freshman and sophomore years, and the professional courses (or “pro school”) span the junior and senior years. Anyone can declare a Pre-Forestry or Pre-Forest Engineering major. Moving to the professional program requires a special application process which is normally completed during spring of the sophomore year. Admission to the professional program is based upon:
- Completion of all the required pre-professional courses by September 10, 2019
- Grades of C or higher and a minimum GPA of 2.25 or higher in all the pre-professional courses
Who Should Apply?
You should apply to the College of Forestry’s professional program if you meet ALL the following criteria:
- You plan to transfer to OSU’s Corvallis campus for fall 2019
- You plan to major in Forestry, Forest Engineering, or Forest Engineering-Civil Engineering
- You will complete all the required pre-professional courses in your major by September 10, 2019. You can consult our Transfer Guides to determine how your courses apply to the requirements.
NOTE: students are welcome to transfer to OSU at any time. If you have not yet completed all the pre-professional courses for your major, you can still transfer to OSU as a Pre-Forestry or Pre-Forest Engineering major and complete them here. Then you can apply to the Pro-School in a future year.
- Apply for transfer admission to OSU’s Corvallis campus. Declare a major in Pre-Forestry, Pre-Forest Engineering, or Pre-Forest Engineering/Civil Engineering. If you aren’t admitted to OSU, you won’t be able to complete the application for the College of Forestry Pro-School. Transfer applications for fall 2019 are being accepted now. If you haven’t already applied, you should do so ASAP!
- Once you are admitted to OSU and have an OSU ID number, you need to complete the College of Forestry’s Pro-School application. The preferred deadline to apply for fall 2019 Pro-School admission is April 15, 2019 (11:59 pm Pacific).
- What are the required pre-professional courses for my major?
- What if I won’t have all the required pre-professional courses complete by September 10, 2019?
Students are only admitted to Pro-School if they have completed ALL the required pre-professional courses satisfactorily. If you are missing courses, you may need to apply to Pro-School for a future year. We encourage students to work with their academic advisor (and to contact us at email@example.com ) to determine the best timeline for Pro-School application.
- Can I apply to the professional program for a later term (e.g. winter, spring, summer)?
Students can only enter Pro-School in the fall term. We do not admit students to Pro-School for winter/spring/summer terms. This is due to the sequential nature of the Pro-School coursework and the need to begin those sequences in the fall. Entry to the Pre-Forestry and Pre-Engineering majors is unrestricted, and students can begin the pre-professional courses in any term.
- Who do I contact if I have questions?
Questions about the Pro-School application process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When will I know if I’ve been admitted to Pro-School?
Admission decisions will be communicated via email (to the email address you list on your application) by May 1, 2019.
- When does Field School start?
Field School will be Wednesday, September 11th – Tuesday, September 24th.