The Career Expo is right around the corner! On October 18th-19th hundreds of employers will be searching for hardworking, dedicated, and enthusiastic students to fill positions at the Alumni Center from 11-3. The Society of American Foresters Job Fair will be on November 9th in La Sells Stewart Center from 10-2.
Employers love students who come prepared, so make sure you get organized before you meet with employers.
- Update your resume and cover letter. If you need help, check out the Career Development Center to sit down with a trained and experienced student staff anytime between 9:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M.
- MAKE SURE TO BRING A COPY OF YOUR RESUME TO THE CAREER FAIR
- Look at the list of employers attending the Career Expo to familiarize your self with ones you would be interested in, and which day you should attend. Log-in to your handshake account for a full list of employers.
- Prepare questions for these employers
- Dress professionally
- Prepare responses for questions you may be asked by employers
- Arrive on time!
While speaking to employers make sure you:
- Smile and shake hands
- Be positive, confident, and focused
- Emphasize your unique skills, experiences, education, etc.
- Get business cards from the contacts you make
- Follow up with an thank you email or note after your interview