Feed on
Posts

Librarian Talk

I had an opportunity to chat with a librarian recently via online yesterday about my culture cite. She gave me several sources that would be helpful in my research about my culture cite individual. First she suggested searching for Heidemarie M. Stefanyshyn-Piper by simply typing her in at the OSU library web site. If information was to be lacking, one should go to the OSU journal site and see if there are any more information on her. Of course this was to find “official” articles on Heidemarie M. Stefanyshyn-Piper and not just simply typing her name in google and hitting search. There was also a list of reference books in the library that may have Heidemarie M. Stefanyshyn-Piper in them.

After looking at both these search techniques I found a few journal articles and one book on Heidemarie M. Stefanyshyn-Piper. It was a disappointing find to say the least, as I was hoping to find more in terms of technology of what she did. They did have very good description of trends in her gender/class/industry/country. There were lots of information in that area. There were also several articles on how women were treated and act during her period of time which was about 10 years ago. Therfore, it was easy to related since I was alive then!

I hope to do more research about her technology aspect. There are several articles on google, but I am hoping I don’t have to depend on those to look for imformation!