This page provides an overview of the general timeline and milestones for Phase 1. See also:
Phase 1: Timeline and milestones
- Content teams: Evaluate and organize existing content, prioritize content and identify gaps, Revise and create new content (as needed)
- Hold kickoff and follow-up meetings with content teams
- Continue technology development and initial wireframes/design/theming
- Move internal content (employee resources) moved to new site by mid-November 2017
- Begin recruitment for content strategist position
- Preview new web presence at Extension Annual Conference
- Content teams: Enter content in new website
- Continue meetings with content teams as needed
- Refine framework (programming, design)
- Initial training
- Pre-launch testing
March 2018: New Extension web presence launches (Phase 1)
Our minimum viable product approach means we launch with essential features and priority content.
- Communication: Regular blog updates including status updates, FAQs, content team progress, previews/examples, etc.
- Content strategy: Content teams, program areas, and EESC collaborate to develop, refine content strategy
- Content management: After launch, content teams manage content on Extension web presence (assess needs, evaluate, prioritize, create/revise, publish, maintain, retire)
Phase 1: Completed
- O&E exec green light, form steering committee, announce project
- Research and discovery work (users, scope, SWOT, current status, analytics)
- Discovery report** (what we know, where we are, where we need to be)
- Strategy work (content audit, priorities, options, implications, resources)
- Strategy report** (how we will get where we need to go).
- Identify/confirm contacts for site managers/decision makers for each website in the OSU Extension family.
- Preliminary development: With CWS, set up necessary servers and development sites.
- Identify essential features/functions/content and develop initial content strategy for new OSU Extension CMS/main web presence.
- July/August 2017: Digital strategy review/approval from O&E exec team
- September 2017: Digital strategy overview meetings with program leaders, regional administrators
** Key point for O&E executive team input, direction, decision