Switching on a new website, as we mentioned last week, can be like turning on a light—only more complex. Our new website shines a spotlight on the amazing work that OSU Extension does in helping Oregonians–and Oregon–thrive. You help that happen. Your partnerships, community relationships, programs, information, and expertise guide this work. Our new web presence captures your efforts and can help extend Extension’s reach and deepen our engagement with those we serve.
Sometime this week—barring any major issues to delay it—we will turn on the switch and you will notice a difference at http://extension.oregonstate.edu. This new web presence is just the beginning of a more engaging digital strategy. Together we will work to continue to refine and enhance the website and related strategies and systems.
If we run into any unforeseen delays or issues, we’ll post updates here and email affected groups as needed.
New website features at-a-glance
- Mobile-friendly, responsive design
- More visual design, with vibrant photos
- Content from across Extension in one place with improved search and filter options
- Content organized by easy-to-find topics, with user-focused labels
- Consistent county presence
- Central place from which to access and explore all OSU Extension offers, including all statewide programs
- Content easier to enter and maintain
- Content coordinated by teams, avoiding duplication and redundant effort
- Visual design aligned with OSU brand; messaging beginning to align with OSU Extension sub-brand
Please keep in mind design modifications and content entry continue this week and will remain an iterative process even after the launch.
After the launch
If you have feedback or requests following the launch—from “Where is all my content?” to “What an amazing search tool!”—the EESC support team is ready to listen, consider, share, and celebrate.
Notice any power surges or flickering lights initially? We will continue to monitor and modify what is needed as we move into Phase 2 of the website upgrade project. This part of the web upgrade will evaluate how the website is performing and find new ways for the design and content to meet our goals and our audience’s interests and needs.
With much appreciation
For now stay tuned for news on the launch. A big thank you to all the Extension teams that worked hard to make it happen! You sifted through a lot of content, evaluated, revised, and uploaded much of it. The website content is stronger for your expertise and collaboration.
If you have questions at any time, please contact the project team.