- Extension Content Strategy: Quick-Start Guide (You have content, great! Now where should it go?)
- Managing Program Content (working draft basic guide)
- Managing 4-H web content (working draft basic guide)
- Managing County Content (working draft basic guide)
- See also, May 4 demo of county pages (recorded webinar)
- Creating and editing content
- Create an article
- Create a resource link
- Create a social media resource
- Create a sub-page
- Add a video
How to search content:
- Webinar for Extension Faculty/Staff Working on the Website (June 12, 2018)
- Focus: Basics everyone should know and tools for how to display content across the site
- Managing 4-H content (June 5, 2018)
- Focus: General overview, tips, and Q&A about managing 4-H content in the new web presence
- Presented by Kristen Moore, from the 4-H team
- New website overview (June 4, 2018)
- Focus: Tour our new website from the public’s view: organization, features, and ways of finding information
- Webinar to review county pages (recording; May 4, 2018)
- Review design, content, functionality of county/combined station presence in new website
- Provide “getting started” resources for county page managers
- Webinar for county leaders/office managers (recording; Jan. 18, 2018).
- Focus: Next steps to identify and plan for county-specific, non-program content; where to find resources, direct questions
- Webinar for ag content teams (Jan. 3, 2018)
- Focus: Tips for getting started with content evaluation and organization in preparation for the new website.
- See frequently asked questions for more info.
Office hours & support
Weekly office hours are Wednesdays (9:00am-12:00pm) and Fridays (2:00-5:00pm), through the Phase 1 website launch.
- Visit in person:
- Bryan, Amerie, and Michele (422 Kerr Administration Building, Corvallis)
- Victor (120 Milne Computing Center, Corvallis)
- Visit online via WebEx:
- Bryan: 541-737-0813
- Michele: 541-737-3379
- Amerie: 541-737-3381
- Victor: 541-737-8255
- Tamara: 541-248-1121 (Wednesdays 9:00-10:00am)
Other ways to get help
- Content team support form to submit questions. We will respond to questions as soon as possible.
- As needed, we can schedule time with individual content teams to work through examples and questions.