The updated designs provide a way to share and highlight what OSU Extension does within our counties and helps to:
- Provide a landing spot for local relationships: These pages provide a place where people can find what is offered in their county and learn the local context of programs and other county offerings.
- Provide guidance for finding resources: These pages provide ways to help users visiting county pages find educational resources on the OSU Extension website.
- Decrease duplicate content entry: When one faculty member works in multiple counties, focus areas provide a way for them to enter county or region specific information about a topic or program. This info can then be shared on other relevant counties.
- Prioritize local content: Local events and announcements will be given priority. They will display before and display separate from other tagged events (e.g., other events you might be interested in).
What is coming this week
- County landing pages: We updated the county designs based on your feedback and posted the new county designs.
- Local focus area content: County offices can highlight what you do in your county and share the local context. See below for an example.
- What we do page: This page displays a list of local focus areas and programs offered in this county.
- County events: There will be a new events page to display all county related events. And ways to highlight a few upcoming events on county landing page and on focus areas.
Please keep in mind design modifications will remain an iterative process. Expect the look and feel to evolve, the functionality to be fine-tuned.
Thank you to Amy Schmid, Jenifer Halter and Laurie Gibson for working with us last week to help us test out county content in the new county designs.
How to prepare
- Review new county designs and think about any content you need to create.
- Find or take a photo of your county office to help people find your building. This will display with the county contact info.
- See training options below.
- County group coordinators, keep an eye out for an email from us this week when the changes and new features are live and ready for you to use.
- Watch video on how to create local focus areas.
Visit our new user guide to learn:
- How to edit County office content and where this info displays.
- How to add local focus areas and where this info displays.
- What content displays on local focus areas.
Getting help and providing feedback
- Contact us to schedule one-on-one help sessions
- Attend office hours. Our team will be available for weekly office hours after the new county designs launch.
- As always, you are welcome to contact us if you have a question or suggestion.
Thank you for sharing your feedback and challenges related to the county pages and the site as a whole. Please continue to share any feedback on how these changes are working for your counties and teams.
Examples of new county page designs
Example county landing page
Example focus area