Oregon Master Naturalist is an excellent example of a statewide program using the website layout. Kudos to Jason O’Brien!
Let’s take a look:
These are some of the things we love
The landing page has:
- A lush and inviting photo
- Engaging information about the program.
- Titles and text are user-friendly and help potential participants identify if they would enjoy and benefit from the program.
- An enthusiastic testimonial video
- Stories sharing the heart of Oregon Master Naturalist
- Straight-forward sidebar navigation
Become a Master Naturalist
- Easy to understand steps to becoming a Master Naturalist and how to learn more.
- Great impact statistics for Master Naturalist volunteers. These were added using the new “impact stats bar,” available for programs and counties.
- Easy to find exciting volunteer project ideas
What is the cost?
- Easy to understand the cost and financial options.
What you can do now
Review your program pages. Is there anything you can do to improve the text or images based on the example above? See instructions for updating program content.
Please contact us with any questions.
These are some new features:
- You can tag an event with a project. Then add a “project events list” to your page to display them.
- You can add a “project faculty/staff list.” Contact us to add users to display on a project.
- You can override the title of a piece of content selected for a “highlighted content item” page section.
- You can now specify what text shows when county event lists have no events to show.